- Logged On
Pest control booking
Welcome to the Wigan Council online booking system.
To help minimise the risk and spread of coronavirus, and to keep our staff and our customers as safe as possible, Wigan Council will be undertaking pest control appointments for rats, mice, ants, fleas, bedbugs and wasps only. Please use the below booking system to book your appointment.
For the safety of you and our officer you must wear a protective face covering during our visit.. Our staff will be wearing appropriate PPE (including a face covering and gloves), will ask for space and will be practising social distancing in line with current government guidance. Please maintain at least a 2 metre distance from our officer.
Contingency plans are in place to deal with any urgent appointments and we will continually review this situation and re-open any suspended service as soon as we can.
Our Pest Control Officers will deal with pests that are harmful to public health and well-being in homes and in businesses.
If you live in a domestic property, are a Wigan and Leigh Homes tenant or live in privately rented accommodation, we can provide advice and treatment if you have a problem with insect pests or vermin. We will visit you and carry out a full assessment and treatment of your pest problem to eradicate the pests.
Before making your pest control appointment please read the following terms and conditions:
- If you want to rearrange your appointment, you must notify us at least 24 hours before the original appointment.
- If you miss your appointment or it cannot take place, for example, an adult is not at home at the arranged time, the required preparation has not taken place or the occupant declines to allow the treatment to take place, the appointment will not be rearranged and no refund will be given.
- If you wish to cancel an appointment where the treatment has already started, no refund will be given (regardless of the notice period given).
- If an active infestation cannot be found (wasps only) or a treatment cannot legally be undertaken, a refund will be made minus an administrative charge. If treatment and/or baiting has commenced no refund will be given.
- If you fail to undertake works (proofing) or do not adhere to pest control technician recommendations we may stop treatment and no refund will be given.
- If the council is unable to fulfil an appointment e.g. due to inclement weather, staff sickness or travel problems, and a suitable alternative cannot be offered within ten working days of the original appointment, the fee paid will be refunded in full.
- If you are a Council Housing tenant you will be required to provide proof of tenancy at the time of the appointment (such as your Tenancy Agreement or Quarterly Statement), if proof cannot be provided then you will be charged for the treatment
- Your safety and our safety is important to us. Our officers will ask you to wear a face covering and/or to keep a safe distance during their visit. They have the right to refuse to any treatment if they/you do not feel it is a covid-safe environment. Please respect our decisions and assist us in minimising the potential spread of COVID-19.
|Pest Type||Number of visits||Prices |
|Ants - inside only
|Bedbugs (Requires 2 operatives)||1||£107.10|
|Mice - inside only||3||£52.00|
|Unknown Pest - Indentification only, no treatment||1||£37.70|
Our fees include all materials needed to carry out the treatment required, there are no additional costs. We also offer you free advice as part of your treatment to prevent further pest infestations.
Additional information regarding pest control can be found on the British Pest Control Association website